This is a simple study guide to help you and your family get into the word together during the week. Sunday's sermon will be over the passage listed below. However, the study guide is independent from and not a prerequisite for the sermon. Additional information and points will be drawn out on Sunday... But until then... Dive into the Word, ask the Spirit to teach you something new, and let us all take time to listen to our God.
Have you ever found it difficult to feel like God’s child? Why or why not?
Read Romans 8:13-27
Explore the Word:
1. How do we experience the reality and privileges of being God's children (v. 15-17)?
2. What words and vivid images in these verses underscore the difficulties of the present time?
3. Explain why these difficulties don't compare with the glory that will be revealed in us (v. 18-25).
4. How can the Spirit's help encourage us (v. 26-27)?
Apply the Word:
1. Practically speaking, how can we put to death the misdeeds of the body by the Spirit?
2. How can eager expectation of glory help us cope with our present problems and sufferings?
Pray the Word:
Ask God to make you ready for his future glory.